Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Some gaming news.

Thought I'd post up some more news..news in the video gaming industry moves fast and I'm not usually up to date or the first to know, but hell...I found this stuff awesome so you might too!

I'll start off with Knights in the Nightmare, the genre-crossing game from Sting and this one is apparantely the 4th title in their Dept. Heaven series, which includes Riviera: The Promised Land and Yggdra Union: We'll never fight alone. The 3rd title in the series isn't out at the moment, and there are few current details on it. This one looks really unique and different from any of the games out there on the DS. Its kind of a mashup of srpg, strategy and shooter from what I can tell, but take that with a pinch of salt. Style-wise it is slightly similar to Riviera and Yggdra Union and this is one game that looks so nice I really want to get the artbook. It might cost me a bit, but I'll probably look into ebay for the package that ships with US preorders. 

Some nice art from Gamespot, RPGfan, RPGamer dunno where else...





Some links and details because theres lots of stuff on there I cant really fit on here. Take a look at these for more;

http://uk.gamespot.com/ds/strategy/knightsinthenightmare/index.html?tag=gallery_summary;title

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/other/nds/kitn/kitn.html

http://uk.ds.ign.com/objects/142/14235020.html

Knights in the Nightmare (DS)

Developer: Sting

Publisher: Atlus Co

Release Dates: Jun 2, 2009 (US)

Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days (PSP)

I'm quite interested in this one as I really liked the quirkyness, humour and references in the story of the first game. Its a remake or port of Disgaea 2 from the PS2, with added story and aspects of gameplay from the 3rd game on the PS3 from what I can tell. I've not played the 2nd one before, so I'll be looking to get a hold of this one. UK gamers have got all of the recent Disgaea releases, so hopefully we'll get this one as well. If not, I can always import the US copy.

We'll have to wait for this one a while longer, it'll be out later this year in the US.

Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days

Developer: Nippon Ichi Software

Publisher: NIS America

Release Dates: All we've got is Q4 2009 at the moment.

Source: http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009/02/27/disgaea-2-dark-hero-days-psp-trailer/

Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis (PS2)

Us PAL gamers have this now, its released with a pretty cool premium edition with lots of nice stuff: soundtrack, poster and stuff.

I might check this out if I can get it reasonably cheap.

Ar Tonelico 2: Melody Of The Metafalica (PS2)

This is also coming to PAL regions, hopefully there is a better job of it done than the US gamers got. Bugs, bad localisation are not good things, so I'll look at some reviews for this first. Don't know if the insane amount of innuendo and whatnot would be my thing, but still, its cool that PAL gamers get a chance on this one. There is too much going on in this post. I will edit or do another one after this.

No comments: