Friday, September 25, 2009

Now Playing - "Yo-ho-ho, and stuff!"


I havent really had much time to play games because of uni starting up, but in my free time I played a little bit more of Final Fantasy V Advance (GBA) I was kinda inspired by Dissidia to take up my FF quest again. I'm gonna try and complete the rest of the ones I've not beaten. To date I've beaten FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV and FFVII, then a few spinoffs; FF Tactics: TWotL, FF Tactics Advance, FF Crystal Chronicles and maybe a few others that escape my mind, but I'm concentrating on the main ones. I was very tempted by the group playthrough that is going on at www.lusipurr.com but I didnt have much time during the week and in fact, earlier in the year a few people on the rpgamer.com forums have been playing one Final Fantasy a month this year. There is/was also the Final Fantasy marathon on the Backloggery, quite a few members seemed to be marathoning the games. I liked the sound of those, but havent really participated so far. Anyway, I'm getting vastly sidetracked again. Playing my unbeaten Final Fantasy games in order will look like this; V, VI, VIII, IX (I dont own it yet), X, X-2, XII. I dont wanna play XI very much lol...

I really like the way that FFV is quite funny and tongue in cheek at times, there are some awesomely quotable lines in it. It kinda sets it out for me so far from the other games. I'm quite a fan of the original few Final Fantasy games (I-IV, with II as a potentially weak link) and as such I admire the old school appeal and the job system in it (there are more jobs than I can shake a stick at) So far, a few bosses have been mildly challenging, although I've not had a game over screen or anything yet. When I last played Riviera, I didnt have any game overs the whole way through, and I came close to that in Chrono Trigger. I mean, maybe they aren't the most challenging games, but I'm proud of that! heheh...I died a few times in Symphony of the Night, which I beat, but only with the first ending-I'm sure there is more to do, but I couldn't figure it out what to do.

Musically, the game is pretty cool. I love the battle theme and the Battle on the Big Bridge song (even though I havent reached that point in the game yet, I've heard it countless times elsewhere)

Anyway, I'm hoping to play more over the weekend, as well as more of Shadow of the Colossus (PS2) 

I'm also very tempted to start No More Heroes (Wii) soon, but I'm still less than 10 hrs into each of FFV and Shadow of the Colossus, so I'm trying to resist the temptation and progress further in them before I start any other games. So if that was pretty boring for ya, sorry lol. I'll try play more games whenever I get the time =p

No comments: