Sunday, November 15, 2009

Now Playing - Draw! -_-


I've put off buying Dragon Age: Origins for another week or so...maybe unwisely because I want to pick up the collector's edition. I will probably get it if I head into town sometime soon. Looking at my backlog, and my final fantasy challenge though, I have tonnes of games to beat. I think I could easily just play games I haven't beaten and not have to buy games for a good two or three years, depending on how busy I am gonna be with uni and college. [yeah, both]

Anyway, here is what I have been playing. I recently beat FFV, so I put a little bit more time into:

The World Ends With You (DS)

I think I'm around 10 or 12 hours into (hard to tell) and I am liking the story so far, quite different to the majority of rpg stories (or game stories fullstop) Still not entirely convinced about the battle system, but I've got a feeling (and based on what I have heard of this game) that overall it could be one of the best DS games out there. 

Shadow of the Colossus (PS2) 

I beat the 11th I think, just a few more to go. They are quite tough some of them, a frustrating game at times, but a pretty good one, not too many flaws. It does seem short if there are only 16 colossi and I am already through 11 at around 7 hrs in. Although that doesn't count  all the times I died and had to restart the fights.

and I also started up Final Fantasy VIII (PS1)

I've just started and I'm not more than an hour into it as I write this, I'm just trying to get some cards in the garden (I always find it hard to win cards at first...) 

I'm kinda dissapointed that I never beat this one back in the day. I got stuck on some boss fight because I hadn't junctioned all my stuff up evenly. Squall was a powerhouse and the rest of them were weak, which didn't work...

Turns out I didnt have that save on this memory card but I had another one, on disc 1 from a while back. I cant remember when that was, so I started a new game. I will beat it this time! ;p

Such good memories of playing this game as a kid. =D I mean, it is a flawed game (some say it is amongst the weakest of the FF games) but I still like it despite those flaws. Hopefully I can understand the Junction system a bit better this time round.

2 comments:

darksnowman said...

Hey. If you press L + R together when you are on the save screen in The World Ends With You it will reveal how much time you have played the game so far. :)

Berserk_Alucard said...

Ah thanks, thats a cool thing to know. =D I wonder why they made it hidden like that