Sunday, April 18, 2010

Now Playing - "Player vs Fish"

Kudos if you know what games the quote in the title is from. ;D

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (DS) Getting pretty near the end of this, on day 6. Its getting tricky...So I've got to bring myself to GRIND and get through the boss I'm on at the end of day 6. I'd definitely recommend this to people who like Strategy rpgs or SMT games..my only real gripes is with some of the ridiculous cheap, hard muthaf@$*'in difficult battles... Seriously, when you need to protect civilians and they can get oneshotted...

I was feeling a bit washed out with the darkness, difficulty and grindiness of devil survivor, so wanted something more action-rpg like (fast and frenetic), so started up Kingdom Hearts II (PS2), as part of my RPG-marathon I'm taking part in over at backloggery.

So far, I'm about 12 hours into it, at Steamboat Willy's world (I forget the name) and quite impressed. The only flaw I can see so far is the ridiculous looping sound clips. Although they are quite hilarious to witness. "GET UP ON THE HYDRA'S BACK!..." over and over..I was late coming to the ps2, so never actually got round to playing a lot of these games for myself. I can see what all the fuss is about, with Kingdom Hearts-they are definitely rather good games. And playing through, I'm surprised at my inner disney fan...I watched a lot of Disney stuff as a kid, and its really cool to see something like this now, and still really enjoy it. 

Blazblue: Calamity Trigger (360) This finally got released over in Europe, I've been waiting so long for this damn game, and I've been enjoying playing this one. I've got in some games online after beating the arcade modes and some of the stories. I'm definitely not too good at it yet..I can't even win a whole match online T_T

I finished up Mass Effect 2 (360) earlier in the week, quite pleased with the game overall, apart from some niggling issues with the cover system. The story for me was slightly underwhelming, I don't particularly like that the majority of the game is spent recruiting group members and getting them loyal (seriously, its like 80% of the game or something.) Good game though, they definitely improved a lot of things from the first game. I still don't like the scanning of planets in the 2nd one though..

I'll be going back for a few more playthroughs of the 2 games at some point. Lots of replayability..and I really want to see how things will differ if I choose differently in the first game 2nd time round.

Other than that, just been working on grinding and hunts in Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)...still lots to do for the hardest couple left. And a bit more Pokemon Platinum (DS), just a few minutes here and there each day to see what swarming pokemon are present and if they will help with my dex completion.

Yeah, I've still not got Heart Gold or Soul Silver, I'm a little surprised myself. I'm holding off on that for now so I can finish off some games first. Probably get it before I go away on holiday if anything. Pokemon is like crack to me.

No comments: