Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Games on my radar #5


So E3 has come and gone now, and there are a few titles that have got me interested. I reckon Nintendo by far had the best show this year. Microsoft and Sony are playing catchup with their motion control systems, and didn't really announce much that we didn't know about already.
So what am I looking forward to?
Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) English gamers have been waiting a long time for a Kid Icarus game. I hope the phrase 'good things come to those who wait' applies here. It definitely looks amazing, on the same level graphically as Gamecube or even some Wii games! We've only had the NES game and a Game Boy game in this series so far. Admittedly, I don't know much about this series, but if this is one of the flagship games for the 3DS and is available at launch, I might get it. I'm still holding out for a 3DS Castlevania game at launch, I usually pick them up with my handheld at launch if available: they had Circle of the Moon for the GBA and Dawn of Sorrow on the DS. Hopefully the pattern continues for Castlevania games continues.

Epic Mickey (Wii) this is still interesting me, it looks very dark and twisted from some of the screens. I haven't been able to find much on it, but some of the concept art is brilliant.
Ignore the idiotic annotations in this vid, its otherwise a good video:


I've got a bad feeling it will dissapoint though.
Kirby: Epic Yarn (Wii)


Very interesting platformer, I'm really impressed with some of the latest Nintendo games. New Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Super Paper Mario, etc. There are some really cool twists on the formula.
Final Fantasy: The 4 Warriors of Light (DS)
personally, I wouldn't have gone for the number 4, 'four' seems like it would be more formal somehow-Final Fantasy: The Four Warriors of Light, see what I mean? Pedantics aside, E3 has brought another video, showing mostly stuff we knew about already.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (DS)
I've been waiting for this one for ages now, and we've got a little bit more info from E3 10. I'll need to finish off the  2nd before I get this. Definite purchase for me though. 


Another one I'll definitely be getting is Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (DS)


I'm a big fan of the Dragon Quest games, and this one was very well received in Japan.
So is there actually anything non-nintendo I was interested in at E3 2010? Barely. Nintendo tore MS and Sony a new one this year.
One I've thought looked like it had some potential for a while now is Ys Seven (PSP)
Damn, that collector's ed I touched on last time is awesome, enjoy this new video from E3 in the meantime. 

1 comment:

DuckDuckGo said...

My vote goes to Kid Icarus Uprising!