Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010's gaming progress

Happy New Year everyone! Hopefully you've all been having a good holiday season so far, and I hope you have a good year of 2011.

In my eternal quest to finish my backlog of games, I've been tracking my progress on the backloggery, a site designed for people to record their collections and get to know other people with similarly perilous amounts of unfinished games. I'd say that using the site has definitely helped me stop buying so many games actually, as I can actually see in terms of numbers how many games I have, instead of just having a stack of games on the shelf. I've taken a note of the games that I've finished and 100% completed in 2010, and I'm quite pleased actually. I've kept my amount of games unplayed in check and finished up many RPGs and other games that I'd been meaning to play for a while.

Finished (ie. finished the main story)

Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA)
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS)
Halo 2 (Xbox)
Final Fantasy IX (PS1)
Castlevania: Judgment (Wii)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1)
Dragon Quest: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (DS)
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (PS2)
Dragon Age: Origins (360)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
Flower (PSN)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Blazblue: Calamity Trigger (360)
Mass Effect 2 (360)
Kingdom Hearts II (PS2)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (DS)
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (PSP)
No More Heroes (Wii)
Suikoden Tierkreis (DS)
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days (PSP)
Final Fantasy X (PS2)
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (PS2)
Sakura Wars: So Long my Love (Wii)
Tales of Eternia (PSP)
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)
Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (DS)
Demon's Souls (PS3)
Ys Seven (PSP)
Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PSP)
Super Street Fighter IV (PS3)
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? (PSP)
Half Minute Hero (PSP)
Bayonetta (PS3)
Blazblue: Continuum Shift (PS3)

100% completed

Flower (PSN)
Golden Sun (GBA)

Master runs/challenges

Pokemon SoulSilver (DS)

-----------------------------------

I'm still taking part in RPGamer606's RPG marathon, even though my progress has slowed due to university starting up. I'm aiming to finish up Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Golden Sun: The Lost Age and Dragon Warrior Monsters next, and then go onto Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey.

The year has actually gone really quickly...being at college or uni really takes a lot of time. Still, I've enjoyed the year for the most part. Some gaming highlights for me have been the talk of the 3DS, Demon's Souls release in PAL regions(its one of my favourite games this generation) and experiencing some rather awesome RPGs I missed out on at release-FFIX for one.

I've got a few ideas for a some features coming soon, some Game of the Year lists, and some retrospective playthroughs of old series. I will see what I can do. Currently it feels like I am cursed with technology: things seem to break when I even go near them.

No comments: